Business Owners Policy
As a business owner, you strive to make decisions that are right for your business, your employees and yourself. This includes decisions about business insurance. You know you need excellent coverage. You don’t, however, have time to become an expert in business insurance. That’s where Select Underwriters can help.
A Business Owners Policy (BOP) combines property, liability and business interruption coverage for small to medium-sized businesses. This packaged coverage is generally less expensive than when purchasing coverage separately. With a BOP you have the ability to customize the policy to meet your individual business needs.
Perhaps you need general liability coverage that includes operations. Or, you need to add business auto coverage or commercial property insurance. Whether you are a home-based business, small service provider or contractor, Select Underwriters will work with you to find the right combination of business insurance coverage to meet your specific needs. Contact us today!
Supplemental Coverage Available
- Extended liability for additional insureds.
- Debris removal, personal property.
- Tools and equipment.
- Valuable records protection and accounts receivable.
In addition to advising you on the right coverage, we provide additional services, such as:
- Loss Prevention Programs – with our insurance company partners, we can evaluate your business’s current conditions and recommend ways to lower property, auto, workers compensation or liability losses. Lower losses will not only lower your insurance costs, but also increase your productivity by avoiding downtime.
- Quick Claim Response – when you do have a claim and need fast and fair service, we work with you to make that happen. That’s why we only represent companies with excellent records for settling claims fairly and promptly.
- Competitive Rates – many of the insurance companies we represent specialize in insuring specific types of businesses or industries, offering special coverage and pricing.
To see if your business qualifies for one of these special programs, contact Select Underwriters for more information. Give us a call at 248-698-7600.
General Liability Insurance
Protecting the businesses of Michigan
General liability, also known as “commercial liability insurance” is a broad commercial insurance policy that covers general liability exposures of a business. Coverage typically includes product Select Underwriters recommends that all businesses have general liability coverage in place.
What you need to know about commercial liability insurance
Take a look at the list below for additional general liability coverages that are often available.
Professional Liability Insurance (Errors & Ommissions)
Errors & Omissions (E&O) covers professionals for negligence and errors or omissions that injure their clients or cause damage to a third party’s data. This type of insurance is particularly important to licensed professionals such as accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, architects, engineers and technology companies. Select Underwriters recommends that all professional and technology companies have E&O coverage.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Employment Practices Liability Insurance for employers covers employment-related liabilities other than on-the-job injuries. This can include legal fees and damages for suits such as wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and other alleged violations of employees’ legal rights. If you have employees, Select Underwriters recommends considering this type of coverage.
Directors and Officers Insurance (D&O)
D&O covers directors and officers of a company for negligent acts or omissions and for misleading statements that result in lawsuits against the company. There is a variety of Directors and Officers coverage available such as corporate reimbursement coverage, personal liability, and entity coverage. D&O policies may be broadened to include coverage for employment practices liability as well.
To find out more about these, as well as other products and services, call Select Underwriters at 248-698-7600 and we’ll help make sure you’re properly covered.